Ruffo Coli’s history starts in the early 30’s in Livorno (Tuscany) where Bartolomeo Boasso, son of a rich family from Turin decided to open a fabric store named “La Comense”, which quickly became a benchmark in town. After the WWII, Boasso opened a new shop and started to follow closely one of his most emerging store attendant: Ruffo Coli. The master passed down to Ruffo the tricks of the trade, knowledge and the passion for fabrics.
Between the two man born a relationship of trust and consideration, so that the old shop keeper proposed Ruffo to purchase the business. In 1954 Ruffo Coli became the only owner and continued to chase the best quality of fabrics. During the following years his wife Loredana and, after the studies, his sons Giulio and Alessandro joined the family business.
Giulio did the first transformation of the business in the early 90’s passing from the retail market to wholesaler. Helped by Alessandro, the two brothers started the converter activity, creating their own collection, which is now appreciated all around the world by the most famous fashion designers and retail shops.
The key to success of Ruffo Coli is the passion for the fabric, valorization of made in Italy and creative innovation in order to satisfy any customer’s taste and requests. In 2013 the company has opened a new headquarter in Como to be in the core of the silk district and keep on growing.
Today Ruffo Coli is a benchmark in the world of fabrics with a wide collection of silk jacquards and prints for haute couture, prét-à-porter and bridal.